It’s time to make the bedroom cozy and festive for the season. While you’re adding warm layers, it’s also a great idea to spread extra cheer with holiday bedding. Here are our easy decorating ideas to create 4 festive holiday bedrooms for a joyous season.
1. Traditional with a Twist
Shades of red pop against a snowy white ground. This cheerful color combo is the foundation for a fresh and contemporary holiday bedroom.
2. Whimsical Winter Wonderland
The best way to create whimsy in a room is to mix bright colors and playful patterns.
- First, pull your color palette from a favorite quilt. Just change the sheets and you have a whole new look.
- Next, mix in an unexpected print to capture the merry mood. Here we chose lively mushrooms.
- Decorate the space with playful touches, like jolly gnomes and a bright rug.
3. The Seasonal Sophisticate
Warm neutrals and deeper shades of red offer a restful alternative to brighter holiday color schemes.
- Lush botanicals, like this cardinal print on relaxed linen, give the room a refined yet cheerful vibe.
- Give the space a sense of calm by keeping the whites creamy and soothing.
- To echo the floral on the bed, decorate the room with natural elements like a preserved wreath, dried flowers, and a jute rug.
4. Cozy & Tranquil Haven
For this restful look, focus on soft neutrals and cool blues for a peaceful bed that celebrates the arrival of winter.
- Layer flannel and other cozy fibers to create a cocoon that will keep you snug all winter long.
- Mix soft blues, pale greens, and silvery hues with ivory for a look that’s quiet and elegant.
- Create ambience with candlelight.