Sara from our Quality Assurance team gives us tips for the ultimate end-of-summer picnic.
Sara, who works with our Quality Assurance team, shares a dreamy afternoon with her two children, Thora and Rowan. With the days getting a little cooler, it’s time to celebrate the end of summer with a backyard picnic, and soak in the precious summer sun while we can.
Below are her tips on how to make it special and memorable while keeping it simple, fun, and easy.
BRING YOUR BEDDING OUTSIDE
MAKE IT FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
- Provide an old pitcher for the kids to pick wildflowers and use them as a centerpiece for the picnic.
- Bubbles provide hours of entertainment, and it’s hard to beat the cost-per-laugh.
- Set up a scavenger hunt and get creative with the clues.
KEEP IT SIMPLE AND EASY
- Make everything ahead of time.
- Some perfect picnic items include grilled pizza with seasonal herbs and veggies; pasta salad with fresh basil and cherry tomatoes; and fresh homemade lemonade.
- Make a special dessert that’s your family’s favorite. Our kids love chocolate chip s’mores cookies and sliced watermelon.
It’s important, perhaps even more so this year, to celebrate the season, make the most of family time, and build memories and traditions. And if your outing is postponed by unpredictable weather, build a sheet fort and move the picnic inside. The key is that the family makes time to have fun together.
Items shown: Cotton Velvet Pillow Cover (Auburn), Cotton Chunky-Knit Pillow Cover (Gray), Camille Quilt, Brushed Alpaca Throw (Cream).Sintra Stoneware, Yukka Side Table and Velvet Pouf
Images provided by Rodeo & Co. Photography
How are you staying creative and happy at home? We’d love to read your ideas and see your photos on social media. Share them with us using #GarnetHillFamily and #HappyAtHome on Instagram.