How to make delicious gluten-free chocolate-chip oatmeal cookies.
Baking has become a popular pastime while we’re staying at home more. For many of us, family time often means cookie time. Here, Tiffany from our Creative team shares her favorite recipe for the Gluten-Free Chocolate-Chip Oatmeal Cookies.
Tiffany enjoys making these cookies with her 3-year-old granddaughter, June, and her daughter, Jasmine (June’s aunt). Jasmine also works at Garnet Hill on our Marketing team. For Tiffany, it’s special to have these moments when everyone is in the kitchen working together and having fun. June loves all the pouring, shaking, stirring — and most of all, licking the batter!
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE-CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 3/4 cups gluten-free 1:1 baking flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter softened
1/4 cup coconut oil softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 3/4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips (organic semi-sweet)
- In the bowl, combine the “wet” ingredients: butter, coconut oil, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Beat until the mixture is smooth and fully incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and beat on medium until light and fluffy, about 2–3 minutes.
- Add the “dry” ingredients to the bowl. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips and mix on low until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Scoop out 2-tablespoon-size rounds and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on the pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Tiffany and family used the Sea-Glass-colored Enamelware Serving Tray and Relaxed-Linen Napkins to serve their cookies, and they wore beautiful women’s and girls’ tops from the collection to their cookie party.
How are you staying creative and happy at home? We’d love to read your ideas and see your photos on social media. Share them with us using #GarnetHillFamily and #HappyAtHome on Instagram.