Our Eco Backpack Collection is ready for school, homeschool, family hikes, campouts, toting stuffed animals, and more — everything the season might bring.
As the calendar moves closer to Back to School, whatever that may look like this year, moms and dads are already thinking about getting ready. The Eco Backpack Collection is ready too! And it’s full of smart details.
We believe a backpack should do good, as well as feel good. And that’s exactly what ours are designed to do.
The Eco Promise
Eco Backpacks are made with post-consumer recycled materials, like plastic bottles and poly. By giving new life to single use plastics like these, together we’re helping to prevent them from ending up in our landfills and water supplies. And more good news, producing them in this way uses up to 53% less energy!
The Ergo Promise
Garnet Hill Backpacks are designed with the health of your child’s back in mind. We work with industry experts to incorporate the very best fit details, like curved, adjustable shoulder straps and an adjustable sternum strap. Padding at the back panel ensures additional comfort.
These ergo details help protect your child’s comfort and support her back, but did you know there’s more you can do? Here are some tips:
Before they wear it
- Ensure the pack is the right size for your child. (It should be no taller or wider than their back.)
- Loosen all the straps.
- Put a light load inside and have your child try it on.
- Adjust the straps until the pack lies flat against the back.
- Remind your child to always use both straps and never overstuff their backpack.
Every time they use it
- Check the contents. Remove any nonessential items to make the pack as light as possible.
- Ensure the bottom of the bag falls no more than 4″ below the waistline.
- Readjust the straps for a snug fit.
Has your child found their perfect pack yet?
For more ideas, explore all the new patterns and designs in our Eco Backpack Collection.