If you travel for the holidays, you understand that packing can be challenging. Winter clothes are bulky and you will need a mix of items that can be dressed up or dressed down depending on what outings, gatherings, and events are on your agenda.
Look no further. Alongside Liz Joy of PureJoyHome, we created a helpful “Home for the Holidays” capsule travel collection. Here are 10 essentials that cover it all, from casual get-togethers to festive parties.
1. Sweater dress: One of our favorites this winter season is this v-neck cashmere dress. It’s luxe, it’s flattering, it’s cozy, and is a versatile item that works for many occasions.
2. Blanket wrap or oversized scarf: Our top item to travel with. This Alpaca blanket wrap is ideal for accessorizing, but it’s also a way to stay comfortable on drafty car rides or airplanes. Another travel staple is our cashmere wrap. It is so elegant and warm that you’ll want to wear it everyday.
3. Leather Tote: A beautiful tote with a pop of color or pattern is great for travel.
4. Tall black boots: These Italian suede riding boots are elegant and comfortable. Always travel with boots you can dress up (pair with a dress) or down (pair with jeans).
5. Cashmere cardigan: This cashmere cardigan has retro flare. It’s easy to throw on with a t-shirt or layer over a dress.
6. Wool skirt: This sequin sweater skirt is a versatile piece to include when you pack. It can be dressed up for a holiday party, or paired with a denim shirt and boots for a daytime look.
7. Long down coat: Needed for those outdoor activities like selecting a Christmas Tree or hanging wreaths. This coat is a winter staple. It provides warmth, but has chevron quilting and princess seams to lend it a stylish, feminine silhouette.
8. Cashmere gloves: These gloves are so warm and soft, you won’t want to take them off. Enough said.
9. Pom pom beanie: You need a winter hat, and our pick is as fashionable as it is functional in soft, chunky rib-knit stitching with a faux-fur pompom on top.
10. Cashmere turtleneck: This cashmere cable-detail turtleneck is our toasty sweater pick to bring for those chilly winter days.