July 2013

VIDEO: How to Fold a Fitted Sheet in 30 Seconds

Fitted sheets are the hardest to fold. Their elastic band somehow throws off your perfectly smoothed lines and sharp corners. But before you give up and just roll your fitted sheet into a ball and tuck it into the back of your closet, check out our quick video on how to get that neat, flawlessly folded look fast. We’ve broken it down to six easy-to-follow steps. Soon you won’t be able to tell your fitted from your flat sheets!

Check out our latest collection of solid and printed sheets.

Did you find this video useful? Comment below to tell us what you think.

12 responses to “VIDEO: How to Fold a Fitted Sheet in 30 Seconds”

1. Steener says:

Where have you been all my life?!?! Thanks for this!!!! No more awkward linen closet!

2. Pat Prange says:

That’s fine for a twin size, have you ever tried doing that to a king size?
    I have used that method for years and it’s not that easy for king.

• Garnet Hill says:

You make a great point! King sized sheets are a little more challenging because of the amount of fabric. We are using a queen sized sheet in this video, which is about 18 inches less fabric than a king sized sheet. To make it easier to fold, we recommend doing it like this:

Start by tucking in the corners one at a time like you see in our video. Once the corners are tucked into each other and you have the elastic towards the center, fold it in half from left to right. Make sure to keep everything as square as possible. Then, fold the top over a third of the way and bring the bottom to the top. Fold it in half one more time and you should have a nicely folded fitted sheet!

• gailz says:

You’re quite right. And finding a place big enough for this method isn’t easy, unless you use the king sized bed itself. I do the same thing, but vertically, hanging the sheet from my hands. Often looks like the dickens, but I havent had a complaint yet.

3. Lynne says:

One of life’s annoying little problems solved. Thanks!

4. Bless you! People have shown me before, but now I get it. The narrative is a huge help. Yay! No more wadded sheets in the closet!

5. Caroline says:

True Excitement! As part of my do-it-all house decluttering, I have been working on my linen closet, getting rid of the sheets it would be better to part with, and praying there is enough room for the ones I want – mainly all the GH sheets I have bought in the last two years. Given the bulky way I now fold fitted sheets, I noted yesterday that it’s gonna be really tight–maybe donate a couple more sets. When I was a young girl, my father, a veteran Army guy who got A-pluses on his bedmaking, taught me how to do this right in time for college. But alas, over the years, that skill has somehow faded. So today I jumped for joy after seeing this video because I am confident now that it will all fit! (Had read printed explanations before, but they never worked out correctly in my head!)

Thanks GH!

Caroline

6. Kayla Feldman says:

While this is not exactly on subject, why don’t you sell twin sheets for grown-ups anymore? I have bought your twin percale sheets for many years, and would like to replace some pillow cases and fitted sheets in percales that are not geared toward children. I cannot imagine my husband sleeping in super-hero themed sheets, although to me, he is a super-hero who likes to have his own bed, sheets and duvet covers. I also enjoy sleeping in my own space. Garnet Hill always had the best percale sheets, which both of us liked because they were so crisp in feel, and not slippery, like sateen, and they had a certain sophistication.

7. Ruby says:

Finally – a fitted sheet tutorial that actually makes sense to me. I honestly believe I can do this now! Thank you so much 🙂

8. Georgia says:

Finally a video I can understand and uses elastic all around, which I have. This made it a breeze!
    Thanks

9. rob says:

I viewed and read several accounts, including Martha Stewart… this one was by far the best and most easily followed/understood. Good also because it demonstrated with a fully elastic border all around! I feel empowered to be able to fold a fitted sheet for the first time in my life. I am 59 years old.